We are committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Our dental team accepts and recognises our responsibilities to develop an awareness of the issues which may cause children and vulnerable adults harm.
We endeavour to safeguard children and vulnerable adults by
- An awareness of and adopting safeguarding guidelines through our practice procedures and policies.
- A code of conduct for the dental team.
- Making staff and patients aware that we take child and vulnerable adult protection seriously and respond to all concerns.
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know and involving parents and children appropriately.
- Following carefully the practice procedures for staff recruitment and selection, and where appropriate, requesting enhanced criminal records checks.
- Providing effective management for staff by ensuring access to supervision, support and training.
Our policy is underpinned by the following principles
- All patients have access to information and knowledge to ensure that they can make an informed choice.
- All patients are given the opportunity to consider the various treatment options available to them. They are encouraged to participate fully in their care at the practice.
- All patients are supported to make their own decisions and to give or withhold consent to treatment. Unless provided for otherwise by law, no-one can give or withhold consent on behalf of another adult.
- All information about patients held by the practice is managed appropriately and all members of the team understand the need for confidentiality.
- The individual needs of each patient are respected.
- The background and culture of all patients is respected.
- Practice procedures ensure the safety of patients at all times.
- Recruitment and selection procedures at the practice are followed routinely and ensure that all required checks are carried out.